Friday, December 19, 2008

Bye-Bye AG 25-29

The girls and I will be running the Fairfax Four on New Year's Eve. Somehow the thought of a Nike Hoodie and, more importantly, wine at the finish line has blocked out the thought of running in 30 degree weather. (Hey, I've done it for worse. Remember my first half marathon in 32 degree weather for a green fleece vest?!). Anywho, I realized this will be my last race as an age grouper 25-29. I am moving on up to the AG 30-35.

I really don't wanna go.... That's the toughest age group. I had finally cracked the top quarter of my age group and now this.

However, to help celebrate TriBabes are doing a marathon to help me celebrate my 30th birthday in September. TriMe apparently did this for her 30th too. I guess great minds think alike; or at least masochistic minds do. BarbieGirlNot is probably wondering why she just couldn't just chip in a Starbucks gift card. She got peer-pressured into it, although I gave her the opportunity to stand by for 26.2 miles and watch. So she's a quasi-masochist.

No race has been chosen. If I'm going to run, we're going to do it BIG. Vegas? Ladies, it's going to be fun. Just think, if I really had it my way, we'd be swimming 26.2 miles!

"It's Good Training" - Just Tri Me

No comments: